Societies in Kenya are registered under the Societies Act. Political parties, Churches, Welfare associations, Sports associations, and Private members clubs can all be registered under the societies Act as Societies.
Requirements for registration of a society.
- Proposed names for search and approval;
- Objects of the society;
- The number of members in the society (At least 10 members);
- The names, occupation and postal addresses of the Chairman, treasurer and secretary;
- Proposed Physical address of the society. Address includes road, plot number, town, and county;
- Constitution for the society;
- Form A (application for registration of a society)
- Form B ( notification of registered office and address of a society)
Procedure for registration of a society
A name search is conducted to ascertain if proposed names are available for registration.
Preparation of the constitution and relevant forms.
The society’s constitution is then prepared and Forms A and B are filled.
Lodging of the documents for registration.
The forms duly filled and the constitutions are then lodged with the registrar of society accompanied with the prescribed fee.
Issuance of a certificate.
If the application is approved a certificate of registration of society is then issued. If the application does not comply with the societies rules a Notice of refusal is issued.
We charge Kshs. 60,000 exclusiving of filing fees and disbursements to register a society in Kenya. For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org