How a company CR 12 is issued in Kenya
For us to assist you with a CR12, we will have to Link your business first. We have no control over how long this process would take.
If you have tried to register your company for AGPO, you have been requested to furnish the Ministry with a CR 12. This may also happen if you are trying to sell or transfer a property using your company. The AGPO is a program introduced by the Government that provides that 30% of all Government tenders should be reserved for youth, women and people with disabilities. AGPO is an acronym for Access to Government Procurement Opportunities.
A CR12 is an official confirmation by the Registrar of Companies in Kenya as to whom the directors/shareholders of a company are. It also confirms that the company’s records exist at the Company registry. It is usually signed off by the Registrar with the following details;
- The list of shareholders, Postal Addresses and respective shareholding;
- The list of Directors and their postal addresses;
- The Registered office of the Company; and
- Any debentures, charges or encumbrances registered against the company.
How do you apply for a CR 12 in Kenya?
A CR 12 is usually applied in the form of a business letter addressed to the Registrar of Companies in Kenya. The Companies Registry is located at Sheria House, opposite Embassy House in Nairobi. There is only one Registry in the whole of Kenya.
The letter provides for the company that the CR 12 is sought and the company number. The letter also requests to be provided with the details of debentures/charges against the company if any.
When should you apply for a CR 12 in Kenya
- After incorporation of the company
- After filing annual Returns
- After making any changes in the shareholding of your company
- After making changes in the directorship of your company
- After increasing/decreasing share capital of your company
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Latest Annual Returns (if any)
Please note that the CR 12 is issued by the Registrar of Companies whose website can be found here www.attorney-general.go.ke. We are a private firm that provides services to firms/companies wishing to acquire a CR12 at an extra fee.
Frequently asked questions
- How long will the CR12 take to be processed? It takes about 3- 5 days to process a CR12 from the Registrar of Companies. Please note this is not guaranteed as older companies may take longer.
- I have not filed Annual Returns, will i still be issued with a CR12- Yes, but the CR12 will indicate that annual returns have not been filed.
- Why is my CR 12 taking so long to be issued? Older companies may take longer to get their CR12 as they are currently only available on manual search.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile phone 0709 747555
Register a company in Kenya capitaregistrars.co.ke/procedure-for-the-registration-of-a-limited-company-in-kenya-2/
Annual Returns in Kenya https://capitaregistrars.co.ke/filing-of-annual-returns-in-kenya/
Procedure for change of directors in Kenya https://capitaregistrars.co.ke/change-of-board-directors-shareholders-2/