Converting a sole proprietorship to a company in Kenya. A guide.
If you have registered a sole proprietorship and you would like to convert it to a company in Kenya. Please read on;
- Open an Ecitizen Account if you do not have one. An Ecitizen account is required in Kenya to carry out registration of a company in Kenya.
- Link your Business if the business in not linked. Read our guide on Linking a business in Kenya.
- Business Cessation. For your business to be converted, you will be required to carry out a business cessation on the Ecitizen Platform.
- File form BN6 to deregister your business.
- The business name will be then deregistered and an option given on the portal for Registration of a company.
- You will then be able to register your company in Kenya. See our guide on how to register a company in Kenya.
If you would like to convert your company in Kenya, please contact us for assistance.https://capitaregistrars.co.ke/contacts/